Living out of a portable home can be fun and exciting. It can also be a very cost-effective way of living. Some people like to go on long trips in their RVs and travel trailers. It can be an amazing experience, going off the grid and living on the road. In order to make a portable home feel like a portable home, you need to make sure that it meets all your needs. We’ll take you through a list of some great RV oven options. We’re also going to run you through a quick buyer’s guide that will tell you all that you need to know about RV ovens.
Top 7 Best RV Oven in 2021
- Handy 12-volt portable stove
- Warms food to 300 degrees
- The Breville Compact Smart Oven with Element iQ System includes most features of a larger...
- ELEMENT iQ SYSTEM: Using 4 independent quartz elements, smart algorithms steer power to...
- Matchless Ignition - use 1lb propane tank - can be adapted to use 20lb tank
- Stainless steel construction - 7,500 BTU's per burner, Oven 3,000 BTU's
- [ MULTI-PURPOSE & MODERN DESIGN] - Techwood electric hot plate is perfect for all kitchens...
- [ HIGH THERMAL EFFICIENCY] - Techwood infrared ceramic double cooktop 1800W provides more...
- TWO HEATING ZONES: This Professional Digital Countertop Dual Induction Cooker by NutriChef...
- MULTIPLE COOKING MODE: Switch from one cooking mode to another w/ just one press. This has...
- Light weight cast aluminum burners
- Matchless Ignition
- CONVECTION HEATING - Uses convection heating technology to circulate warm air throughout...
- LARGE CAPACITY - This toaster oven can comfortably fit a 12 inch pizza, 6 slice of bread...
RVs and travel trailers are designed to provide you with the comfort of your home, on the road. You can deck them out with all sorts of appliances in order to increase their functionality. An important section of any RV is the RV kitchen. Having a fleshed-out kitchen in your portable home can really make living on the road easier. You have the option to prepare fresh meals whenever you feel like it.
There are loads of kitchen appliances that one can get for their RV/travel trailer. But the most important appliance that you can get is an oven stove. There’s a huge range of stoves and ovens designed specifically for RVs. If you’re about to buy one for the first time, you are bound to get really confused. There are so many things that you need to consider. This is why you should take some time to learn more about RV stoves/ovens before actually buying them.
Types of RV Ovens
Out of all the RV appliances out there, the RV stove is the most important. A single unit can provide you with a fully equipped kitchen in your portable home. You can find models that have ovens built into them. For people who don’t want to sacrifice too much space, there are more compact options as well. The kind of oven that you will need will depend on your needs. What are you looking to get out of it? How much space do you have? What’re you comfortable with? Knowing the answer to all these questions will help you narrow down your choices.
Let’s look at all the different kinds of ovens that you can get for your RV:
- You can go for a traditional gas stove/oven setup if you are comfortable with using propane. This type offers reliable heat and runs on cheap fuel. There’s a huge variety of gas-powered stoves in the market. the downside to this option is having to install propane in your RV. RV propane kits are generally installed on your vehicle’s exterior. A propane tank kit is designed to minimize the chances of leakage. But having combustible fuel still poses a safety hazard.
- If you want to avoid having gas on-board, you can go for an electric solution. Electric stoves and ovens have become quite common. They are relatively more expensive than their gas counterparts. However, they offer more features and greater temperature precision as well. If you’re into baking, you can invest in a convection oven. These ovens feature even heating, precise cooking, and energy efficiency. All of this makes them great for all kinds of baking projects. An electric oven can cook food in a smaller amount of time as well.
- If you’re short on space, you can opt for a portable stove. As their name suggests, these stoves can be carried around. Portable stoves come with one or two burners and can come in electric or gas varieties. A great thing about portable stoves is that they give you the option to cook outdoors. You can set them up outside whenever you feel like it. If you’re an outdoorsy person, you can get cooking equipment that is made for outdoor use. Companies like camp chef have products that are ideal for camping and for small travel trailers.
What to Consider When Buying an RV Oven?
- Like we mentioned before, your needs and requirements will have a major impact on what kind of oven should you get. Here’s everything that you should keep in mind when choosing an oven:
- The first thing you need to think about is space. Even the largest RVs have limited space in them. You want to get an appliance that can fit in your kitchen and also doesn’t take up too much space. You should measure your counter space before making any decisions. The last thing you want is to buy a cooktop stove with three burners and find that it doesn’t fit in your kitchen.
- Portability should also be taken into consideration. If you want to have the option to cook outside, then you need something compact.
- The next thing you should think about is the oven’s power supply. If you have the space for propane containers, you can go for a propane stove. Some people will feel more comfortable with an electric solution. This comes down to what kind of fuel is more readily available to you.
- Features are important as well. An RV cooktop can come in a variety of configurations. You want something that has features that will meet your needs. For instance, if you’re more focused on baking then you will want a quality oven. If you’re more focused on cooking then your focus will be on RV stove options.
- Your budget is worth considering as well. You might have your eyes set on the best RV ovens with stainless steel bodies and heaps of features. But you need to check whether something like that will fit in your budget or not.
Once you find an RV oven that fulfills all your needs, your on-the-road life is going to become really fun. You will have the option to prepare fresh meals no matter where you are. This will make your RV feel more like home. and if you’re RV is fully equipped, you can even go on an off-the-grid adventure without having to worry about food-related inconveniences.