Covering your travel trailer is an important aspect of protecting your investment and ensuring that it remains in great condition for years to come. A well-fitted cover can help to protect your travel trailer from the elements, as well as dirt and debris. Before you purchase a cover, however, you must first measure your travel trailer so that you can buy the right size. In this article, we’ll discuss how to measure a travel trailer for a cover.
2. What You Need to Measure a Travel Trailer for a Cover
When measuring a travel trailer for a cover, you will need the following items:
• Tape measure
• Pencil or pen
• Paper or notebook
• Ladder (optional)
3. Measuring the Length of the Travel Trailer
To measure the length of your travel trailer, start at one end and extend your tape measure out until it reaches the other end. Make sure to include any ladders or other accessories that are attached to the exterior of the trailer in your measurement. Record this measurement on paper or in a notebook so that you don’t forget it later on.
4. Measuring the Width of the Travel Trailer
To measure the width of your travel trailer, start at one side and extend your tape measure across until it reaches the other side. Again, make sure to include any ladders or other accessories that are attached to the exterior of the trailer in your measurement. Record this measurement on paper or in a notebook so that you don’t forget it later on.
5. Measuring the Height of the Travel Trailer
To measure the height of your travel trailer, start at one end and extend your tape measure up until it reaches its highest point (usually near where roof meets wall). If necessary, use a ladder to reach higher points on top of your travel trailer if needed; otherwise just stand at ground level and take measurements from there. Record this measurement on paper or in a notebook so that you don’t forget it later on.
6. Other Measurements to Consider for Your Cover
In addition to measuring length, width and height of your travel trailer, there are some other measurements that should be taken into consideration when purchasing a cover:
• Wheelbase: Measure from one wheel hubcap straight across to another wheel hubcap (this will tell you how wide apart each wheel is).
• Tire Size: Measure both width and diameter (in inches) for each tire on all four sides (front/back/left/right). This will help determine which size cover will fit over all four tires simultaneously without having too much slack material hanging down around them when installed properly).
• Overhang: Measure from front bumper straight back past rear bumper; this will tell you how far down past rear bumper cover should go when installed properly).
• Roof Rack: If applicable; measure length/width/height dimensions (in inches) of roof rack(s) if they are present – this will help determine which size cover will fit over them without having too much slack material hanging down around them when installed properly).
7. Choosing The Right Cover For Your Travel Trailer
Now that you have all these measurements recorded down accurately – it’s time to actually choose an appropriate sized cover for your needs! There are several types available such as custom-fit covers (which are tailored specifically according to exact measurements taken), universal covers (which can accommodate various sizes with adjustable straps), and RV covers made from different materials like canvas or polyester fabric with waterproofing features like UV protection etc… Be sure to read reviews online before making any decisions about which type would be best suited for protecting against weather conditions in specific climates where traveling often takes place!
8 Tips For Installing Your Cover On Your Travel Trailer
Installing an RV cover isn’t always easy – but here are some tips which may make things easier:
• Make sure all surfaces are clean before installation – as dirt/debris may cause premature wear & tear over time!
• Read instructions carefully – follow them step-by-step accordingly!
• Use two people if possible – one person can hold up while another person attaches straps & buckles securely!
• Check tightness & adjust straps periodically during use – especially after long trips!
• Store away properly after use – fold up neatly & store away indoors when not being used!
• Apply protective coating every few months – helps keep fabric looking new & prevents premature wear & tear due to weather conditions!
Measuring a travel trailer for a cover is essential for getting an appropriately sized covering that fits snugly over its surfaces without any slack material hanging down around them when installed properly – thus helping protect against weather conditions in specific climates where traveling often takes place! We hope these tips have been helpful – happy travels everyone!