If you happen to own an RV and you are looking to make it look better than it does, you’re not the only one. The thing with RVs is that on their own, they might not look as good as you may want them. However, we are living in a world where customizing something is only going to take a few minutes and you are good to go.
But how does one customize an RV? Throw in a paint job, perhaps? Well, the good news is that owning a couple of decals and sticking them onto your travel trailer is going to make everything look ten times better. This raises another question, however. Just what decal should I go for, in the first place?
Now, if you are looking to make your travel trailer look the best, you are at the right spot. As in this article, we are not only going to tell you which RV decal is great for you, but we are also going to help you with a proper buying guide. So, that you can easily make your travel trailer look personalized and use the best possible RV decal you could get your hands on.
Top 5 Best RV Decals in 2020
- TRACK YOUR ROADTRIP - Earn new state stickers every time your adventure takes you to a new...
- MAKE NEW MEMORIES - Your road trip will create memories that you will cherish for the rest...
- 1- RV/Auto/Boat Graphic
- Measurements: 21-1/4" inches across in length x 8-1/4" inches in height
- 10x6 Inch United States Flag Great Gift Idea For Any Patriot Who Loves Their Country...
- Made in the USA Car Decal Bumper Sticker Perfect For Car Truck SUV Boat RV Wall Window...
- 2 RV TRAILER CAMPER MOUNTAIN SCENE GRAPHICS DECALS STRIPES -726
- These decals are a mirror image for the right side and left side
- RV, Trailer Hauler, Camper, Motor-home Large Decals/Graphics Kits 24-k-2
- Kit includes 26 graphics rights and lefts for both sides
Normally when it comes to buying an RV decal, there is not much to think about, in the first place. The process is a fairly simple and straightforward one, and there are not a lot of things that could ruin how it is going to be.
Still, people who are relatively new to the market do go through the dilemma of making mistakes. This is not something that we condemn, of course. As we are all susceptible to making mistakes, and through our mistakes, we get the chance to learn.
Thankfully, if you are looking forward to making your RV camper look good, we are going to have some pointers below that should help you buy the right vinyl decals for your RV camper. There is not much to worry, but still, let’s not waste more time and have a look.
The Size & Shape Matters a Lot
One of the best thing about vinyl decals is that if you are looking to get your hands on one, you will be granted by countless shapes as well as sizes. However, the same greatness also brings some negatives that you have to be aware of, which can make your situation unfavourable. Now, the thing is that with so many options to choose from, any newcomer can find themselves in a rut based on how they are going to install the decal.
Thankfully, below you can look at the most common sizes and shapes available in the market.
- Rectangles are most commonly available in 5×7 inches.
- Circles are normally ranging from 6 to 8 inches in diameter.
- Ovals go anywhere from 5 to 8 inches in diameter.
- Squares are normally available in 6 to 8 inches as well.
- Octagons and triangles are cut from 8×8 inches.
The aforementioned sizes and shapes are there for reference only and thanks to the flexible nature of vinyl decals, they can be customized to fit the user’s preference.
Never Ignore The Printing Methods
Another thing is that you have to be understanding of the number of different printing methods that are available as far as the decals are concerned. Gone are the days when you would be limited to just one method as the modern-day options are limitless and it is better that you are aware of all of them because we are not really looking to make any mistakes in the process.
We have mentioned some of the most common printing methods for your convenience below so you do not find yourself wondering.
- Screen printing is perhaps one of the most common options available in the market. They are easily long-lasting, ranging anywhere from 3 to 5 years. They are great when it comes to having outdoor durability, and have a lot of different material options ranging from white, clear vinyl, as well as chrome and static option. You have colour options ranging from metallic and fluorescent colours, and the price is normally higher than you would normally pay.
- On the other hand, digital painting is something that lasts around 2 years and above. Has good outdoor durability, but comes with lesser material options like white vinyl or white static. However, the colour options are great as it offers full colour, photorealistic printing option. It is also cheaper than some of the other options.
- Last but not the least, we have offset printing, which is great when it comes to full colour as well as high definition decals that are made custom. If you are looking for the maximum clarity, definition, and detail, this is the one that you should choose. Comes at a higher price point than some of the other options, and normally requires a larger order for it to be printed.
Types of Material
When you are talking about decals, in the first place there are a lot of different material types available in the market. This can easily confuse the newcomer, therefore, it would always be a better idea to make your decision based on proper knowledge rather than doing something in a hurry.
That is why to make things easier for you, we have decided that we are going to mention some of the most common material types or the decal types so you are fully aware of what you are getting into.
- Digitally Printed Decals are the ones that can either use adhesive or static cling in order to stick to a surface. You are normally given the choice between white or clear polyester vinyl when it comes to adhesive decals. However, if you want static cling, then white vinyl is the only option you have.
- Screen printed decals are offered in an adhesive method. You have the choice between white vinyl, clear polyester vinyl, and chrome polyester vinyl. If you want to get static cling done, then you have the choice between white or clear vinyl.
These are the two most common types.
Additionally, we also happen to have some adhesive types, which are just as important to understand because there are a number of them. For your convenience, we have mentioned them below.
- The permanent adhesive is definitely the one that you should be going for. However, before investing money in it, you have to be certain about how long you are going to be using the decal for. It can be removed, however, it will leave some heavy residue behind.
- Then you have the removable option; which is definitely much easier to remove, but not only that, you are left with almost no residue once it is removed. A great option.
- Next up we also have something called ultra-removable. It works on the same principle as the previous one but it happens to be extremely easy to remove, and not just that, there is no residue left. This type is the most commonly used in bumper stickers.
- Last but not the least, we have static cling which uses absolutely no adhesive. It is only suited for indoor applications as it fails to retain when it comes to outdoor options.
Your Budget is Accounted For
More often than not, when we are buying something. We completely overlook the budget thinking that we are not really going to need to address it, in the first place. However, that is not the case in any situation. If you want to be sure that you are not making any mistakes in the process, it is extremely important that you keep the budget in mind. Why is it such an important thing?
Well, if you have stuck around throughout the entirety of the article, you may have realised that we have talked about a number of different decal types that are common in the market. Not all of them are going to be the same, and that means that not all of us are going to cost the same.
So, if you are planning on spicing up your RV camper using decals, it is best if you simply go ahead and decide your budget. That way, you will be able to choose the right decals in no time.
Frequently Asked Questions
When it comes to decals, you might have a question or two in mind. We have looked after that, as well.
Q: How to replace decals on RV?
Honestly, this is not that difficult, to begin with. Before you do that, however, make sure that the adhesive is easily removable and does not leave any residue. However, if it does leave some and is harder to remove, we would suggest getting some cleaning alcohol and wiping it off. This way, you will be able to remove the decals without any issues that could become a problem for you.